Posted on 1st August 2013

Latimer Hinks Celebrates 60 Years of Proud Priestgate Heritage

Anne Elliott, Marketing Partner (2nd left) and the Latimer Hinks team, past and present
Latimer Hinks Solicitors, established more than 120 years ago in 1892 and one of Darlington and County Durhams longest established law firms, is celebrating 60 years of serving clients from its Priestgate, Darlington offices. In July they hosted an event for current long serving staff and for a number of staff from every decade since the move to Priestgate in 1953. More events are planned for later in the year.

Based in Priestgate since 1953, the original Priestgate offices expanded as the firm took over the neighbouring fish shop and the old Co-op confectionery shop, as well as taking space in the Kings Hotel.

The firm originally practiced from premises on High Row, and became known as J.F. Latimer Hinks in 1927 when the late Mr. Charles Hinks entered into partnership with Mr. Latimer.

The firms name changed to Latimer Hinks in the late 1980s when the decision was made to shorten it from Latimer Hinks Marsham Little.

Marketing Partner, Anne Elliott said: " Latimer Hinks has a long and proud history of delivering high quality legal services to the community of Darlington, County Durham and beyond.

"We are very much a "family firm in the context of serving several generations of families, businesses and companies, some clients having been with us right from the very start. We believe that our success and longevity stem from our ethos of providing an excellent, professional, yet still personal and friendly service, delivered by a strong, loyal and dedicated team here at Priestgate.

"We aim to provide the best of both traditional and modern with a forward looking strategy. Proud of our history we are above all else ready and more than able to embrace the challenges of the future and the demands of todays business and private clients.