Adam Wood (FALA)
Director, Solicitor & Notary Public, Commercial Property, Farms & Estates
Having completed a Degree in Marine Biology and a Masters Degree with distinction in Clean Technology, in each case at Newcastle University, Adam subsequently attained his legal qualifications at Northumbria University, trained in the North East of England and qualified as a solicitor in 2007. He attained his notarial qualifications at the University of Cambridge, qualifying as a notary public in 2009.
Adam joined Latimer Hinks in 2013 becoming a Director in 2017 and Head of Commercial Property in 2018.
Adam is a member of the ALA (Agricultural Law Association) and The Notaries Society. He also takes a keen interest in matters affecting rural business and is a member of the CLA (Country Land and Business Association).
Areas of Practice:
As a solicitor, Adam advises on all aspects of real estate including acquisitions, disposals, planning, leasing, financing and the property aspects of corporate transactions. He has a particular interest in development work and often drafts and negotiates standard and bespoke forms of conditional contracts together with collaboration, option, planning promotion and overage agreements (in each case relating to residential, commercial and mixed use schemes). Adam also deals with the sale and purchase of businesses on an asset basis.
He has a diverse client base ranging from developers, investment companies, charities, high-net-worth individuals and their companies to landed estate owners, farmers and their partnerships.
Adam is a specialist in agricultural property matters and advises on all aspects of rural land ownership including the buying and selling of farms and substantial land holdings, agricultural tenancies, renewable energy projects, easements, sporting rights and minerals.
He prides himself on his commerciality, strives to deliver the most practical solution and enjoys building strong client relationships.
As a notary public, an internationally recognised public office, Adam is able to offer a range of services to clients including making it so that documents signed or produced in England and Wales can be used abroad.
- Sale of agricultural land in West Yorkshire to a national house builder for residential development for £28 million.
- Property aspects of a corporate transaction being the acquisition of the shares in a company which owned a fully let industrial estate in Cumbria for £4 million.
- Granting farm business tenancies relating to a substantial land holding in County Durham belonging to numerous landowners with an aggregate rental income for the term of £1.75 million.
- Letting by conditional contract of premises in the Midlands to be constructed by landlord for use by the tenant as a medical centre with an aggregate rental income for the term of £3.95 million.
- Acting on behalf of a number of large estates and landowners in relation to all aspects of their property management work, including tenancies (commercial, residential and agricultural), options, sales, overage, private water supplies, covenants, easements, sporting rights and mineral rights.
What do others say?
“Adam Wood handles a broad array of real estate work for investors, developers and landowners. He regularly assists with title reviews, lease negotiations and the sale of land for development projects.
“Adam is a phenomenally clever lawyer – technically brilliant with an incredible eye for detail.”
“Adam is a strong lawyer who always makes time, night or day.”
Chambers and Partners 2023